Embassy of the RS Brussels /Entry to Slovenia /European consular assistance /

European consular assistance

In case you there is no Embassy of European Member state in the country as a citizen of the European Union, you can expect an Embassy or Consulate of another European Union member state to:

- issue a travel document;

- contact your relatives and national authorities, if you wish so;

- visit you if possible and help you get the information you need to obtain legal advice and appropriate medical assistance;

- ask your national authorities to take the necessary steps for your evacuation or repatriation.

The consular fees may have to be paid for some services provided by the Embassy or Consulate.


Furthermore, some services cannot be provided, such as:

- payment of your bills (e.g. lawyer, hospital, hotel, restaurant, etc.);

- payment for or booking of travel tickets;

- tourist information;

- legal assistance and intervention in judicial proceedings.