Welcome to the web page of the Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Brussels. The Slovenian Embassy in the Kingdom of Belgium was opened in March 1992.
Slovene Ambassadors to the Kingdom of Belgium:
dr. Boris Cizelj (1992-1993),
Jaša L. Zlobec (1993-1999),
Marija Adanja (1999-2003),
Borut Trekman (2003-2008),
mag. Anita Pipan (2009-2013)
Matjaž Šinkovec (2013-2017),
dr. Rado Genorio (2017-).
The main tasks of the Embassy are:
- establishing, promoting and deepening relations and contacts with authorities and their representatives;
- disseminating information about Slovenia and cooperation opportunities and deepening the cooperation between countries in the areas of common interest;
- informing authorities of Slovenian positions and viewpoints;
- establishing, assisting and facilitating establishment of business contacts between businesses;
- organizing Slovenian cultural events;
- following the news on Slovenia and establishing contacts with the media;
- establishing and maintaining contacts with the Slovene community.